Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Reminiscence

Do you remember?
You came back sick.
Really sick.
All you did was sleep the whole day.
I went over.
You weren't dressed.
Unlocked the door for me.
And went back upstairs to sleep.
I picked a towel.
Plonked it in water.
And we fought.
Because you refused to have it on you.
We bargained. In your sleep.
And you were too tired to say no more.
I won. I put the towel on you.
I sat alone. Watching as you slept.
I climbed into bed with you.
Hugged you as you slept.
I saw the true beauty I fell for.
It was the peace you displayed, through the sick frown you had.
I saw pure beauty.
And I was happy I kissed beauty.

It was time for medication.
But you had to eat first.
I brought your food upstairs.
Fed you mouthful by mouthful.
As you lay weak and tired.
My chopstick skills failed me.
But it was still all good.
I ate the minimal.
Cause I felt full.
Full from the inside.
Not by tangible things.
But by the most wonderful feeling ever.
Love.

It was this same feeling that we yearned.
That we truly possessed. Together.

I still dream about the girl I fell in love with.
Where'd she go?
I miss you.
Please come back soon.
Thanks.

Love,
My yearning heart.

0 comments: